Direct Investments

  • Muna Noor Manufacturing & Trading Company LLC, Oman

    Muna Noor Manufacturing & Trading Company LLC (MNMT) is one of the two leading plastic pipe manufacturing companies in Oman. It has been operating since 1975. BPC acquired the company in 2005. BPC owns 80% of MNMT, while the remaining 20% is owned by BPC’s subsidiary BPIC.

    MNMT produces PVC and polyethylene pipes that are used for potable water, sanitary, irrigation, and electrical conduit applications. MNMT also provides to its customers related products manufactured by international companies. The company’s production facilities are located in the Rusayl Industrial Area near Muscat. Since the acquisition by BPC, the plant capacity has been more than doubled to about 50,000 tons a year. The company’s sales revenue over the last four years has more than doubled and the net profit more than quadrupled.

    In line with BPC strategy to improve the performane of its subsidiaries, MNMT is currently undergoing another set of expansions to add new products. The company is developing 70,000 sqm of land in Sohar Industrial Area to produce double-wall corrugated pipes and manholes. BPC believes that this expansion will positively impact MNMT's performance in the years to come.