Direct Investments

  • Equate Petrochemicals Company (Equate)
    Equate was established in 1995 as a joint venture between Petrochemical Industries Co. (45% of equity) and Union Carbide (now Dow Chemicals) which also had a 45% equity stake. The balance (which is 10%) belongs to Boubyan Petrochemical Company (BPC). Equate is one of the most efficiently operated ... View More
  • The Kuwait Olefins Company
      The Kuwait Olefins Company was established in 2005 by PIC (42.5%), Dow Chemical (42.5%), BPC (9%) and Al-Qurain (6%). The new company is simply an extension of Equate, whose existing facilities will be expanded to result in an increase in the production capacities of the current products. ... View More
  • Boubyan Plastic Industries Company KSCC, Kuwait
    BPIC is a wholly owned subsidiary of BPC. Its plant is located in Shuaiba Industrial Area, and produces heavy duty plastic bags. These bags are used for packing petrochemical materials. The plant also produces stretch film, shrink film as well as green house film for the agriculture industry, in ... View More
  • Boubyan International Industries Holding Company KSCC, Kuwait
    Boubyan International Industries Holding Company (BIIHC) was incorporated on July 19, 2004 as a privately-held joint-stock Kuwaiti company with paid-up capital of KD 30 million. The company is focused on Shari’a-compliant investment opportunities primarily in industrial and allied sectors in ... View More
  • Muna Noor Manufacturing & Trading Company LLC, Oman
    Muna Noor Manufacturing & Trading Company LLC (MNMT) is one of the two leading plastic pipe manufacturing companies in Oman. It has been operating since 1975. BPC acquired the company in 2005. BPC owns 80% of MNMT, while the remaining 20% is owned by BPC’s subsidiary BPIC. MNMT produce ... View More
  • Jubail Integrated Packaging Company (JIPC) LLC, Saudi Arabia
    In 2014, BPC acquired the remaining 40% stake of Olayan Arabian Packaging Company LLC (OPAC), set up in 1994 and located in Jubail Industrial City, from Olayan Financing Company.  Subsequently, the Company was renamed Jubail Integrated Packaging Co. (JIPC). JIPC manufactures and markets vari ... View More
  • Arabian Waterproofing Industries Company Ltd. (Awazel), Saudi Arabia
    Arabian Waterproofing Industries Company Ltd., nicknamed Awazel, began production in 1981 with facilities installed in Riyadh and Jeddah. Awazel produces bitumen-based products that provide solutions for containment or exclusion of water. It is one of the largest companies of its type worldwide. A ... View More
  • Kuwaiti Qatari International Holding Company KSCC, Kuwait
    Kuwait Qatari International Holding Company KSCC (KQIHC) is a holding company involved in acquisition of land and its development within the Pearl Project of United Development Company of Qatar. KQIHC’s paid up capital is KD 3 million and BPC has 50% equity stake in the company. View More
  • Al Kout Industrial Projects Company, Kuwait
    In May 2010, BPC acquired 24% equity stake in Al Kout industrial company (Al Kout), a publicly listed company in Kuwait Stock Exchange (Stock symbol: ALKOUT; stock no.: 517).  Al Kout is the exclusive producer of Chlorine, Caustic Soda, and Hydrochloric Acid in Kuwait. It sells the products lo ... View More